Grails 1.2 final has just been released. Here’s the announcement too. If anyone is not sure how to do the upgrade just follow the steps below:
- Download Grails 1.2
- Extract the zip and update your GRAILS_HOME system variable
- Check that the update took but running grails (without any command line options) at a terminal
- On each of your projects run “grails clean” followed by “grails upgrade” and follow the prompts
Online regex testing tool
Just found this great flash based regex testing tool, fairly simple, doesn’t require any install, very useful.
Recently I’ve been dabbling around with some cloud computing stuff, I started looking at the Amazon offering however found it to be too expensive, more recently I heard about Rackspace Cloud which is far cheaper and allows me to play around a little without too much cost.
Anyway, I just saw a post of the Rackspace Cloud blog which mentions some external frameworks, the most interesting for me was jClouds. It leverages all the tools I love…
- Rackspace Cloud Servers and Files integration
- Maven build
- Apache licensing
- Very simple to use
- also contains api’s for Amazon
I haven’t tested it out as yet but I will be soon, it looks good, currently I find the Rackspace provided Java APIs to be a little complex and undocumented so I am really looking forward to playing around with this.